Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Possible Other Career


On Saturday I thought about going to a film festival with a friend while Jordan studied. Instead, I made this necklace. It's crooked in this picture, but you get a sense of what it looks like.

The oval beads I bought at Michael's months ago, simply because I liked them. They're not super great quality, but then they didn't cost very much either.

The blue circlular beads I painted with acrylics and then covered with shiny ModPodge to give them a glaze.


I was pretty pleased with how well the necklace turned out. If you look closely you can probably tell it's handmade, but I wore it to church on Sunday and everyone wanted to know where I bought it. A nice little confidence booster. The necklace was a great project for Saturday, when Jordan had a lot of studying to do and I had to keep myself entertained in order to avoid distracting him. After making this necklace I want to make more. Does anyone want to come out to DC and have a craft day? Yeah!
In upcoming posts: Pictures of Jordan studying = evidence of Jordan's only activity for the past month. We can't wait 'til he gets done with this last essay final.

7 comments:

Catherine Faux said...

Hey that looks really good/pretty. Maybe we can have a craft day where you send me what you make and I will send you what I make. For reals. I am actually being serious. I want that.

Ro Ro Riot said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! We absolutely must do it. But you are leaving for New Zealand soon. When do you leave?

Dene said...

What cute jewelry. When you come, you can look at all the jewelry making stuff I have and make something. We can even have a craft day for us.

Ro Ro Riot said...

I would love that like a fat American loves sloppy joes... I hope it can happen soon.

Carrie said...

hot dudds. you too. :)

Haught Fudge said...

I love that necklace! You should make one big enough for us both to wear. At the same time. On different coasts.

Ro Ro Riot said...

Carrie, YOU'RE hot duds. I hear it on the streets all the time.

Haught-Fudge, I think soon or already I would just have to expand the necklace to fit your two childrens.