Wednesday, January 07, 2009

One Naughty House Sitter

Natascha: Don't Read This

When we flew out for the holidays we left some laundry behind, including a rug that had gotten a little wet. On Monday I decided to do some laundry and I enveloped the no longer damp rug in the warm embrace of a woman feeling like she was getting something done. As I bent over the washing machine, ready to shove the rug in for its washing I noticed a shiny, bugly thing creepity crawling up the rug toward my face. It was a cockroach. The big kind. Or at least, a big kind. Bigger than we'd seen in our apartment before. I imagined it lying in wait inside the rug until we got home. I dropped said rug and the roach creepity rushed under the washing machine.

The washing machine and our kitchen cabinets share the same wall, and later that night the roach crawled out of the cabinet beneath our sink and started across our floor. Jordan bravely accosted the roach with a paper towel and some bug spray while I helpfully shouted, "There it is! There it is!" (Although I WAS the one that got the spray out in the first place so that Jordan could use it. I'm not completely useless.)

7 comments:

CFaux said...

YIKES! I hate roaches! Good thing Jordan got it. Or did he?

Catherine Faux said...

Haha! I hope you didn't pay him for sitting your house! (Maybe if he'd washed the rug, it would be another story.) Bugs=gross.

Natascha said...

GROSS!!!

I can't believe you made me read that!

Lorflor said...

lol - you're terrific and i love your writing style

Any Girl said...

Ha ha ha ha ha. I love you! That's great!

Dene said...

Everybody needs a good roach story, so now you have yours. Mine is in El Paso, Texas and one about 4" long that climbed up to meet me from a kitchen drawer. The condo office sent a little kid to collect it and he was terrified, but finally got the nerve to get it out of my kitchen. I'm glad you and Jordan were able to take care of yours.

Carrie said...

definitely not useless. someone had to identify the roach.